There are a lot of different pickleball paddles on the market these days. With all of the choices out there, it can be hard to decide which paddle is best for you. In this blog post, we will take a look at the 6 best pickleball paddles for every type of player. We will review each paddle in-depth, and list the pros and cons of each one. So whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, there is sure to be a paddle here that is perfect for you!
Our top 6 today look like this:
- best paddles overall: TMPR Oculus XT
- best for beginners: ONIX Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- best for advanced players: Rally Tyro 2 Pro
- best for control: Selkirk Amped S2 Pickleball Paddle
- best for power: Prokennex Speed II
- best for competition: JOOLA Ben Johns Hyperion CFS
What Are The 6 Best Pickleball Paddles of 2022?
Best Pickleball Paddle Overall
- The TMPR Oculus XT is the best paddle because it offers great control and power.
- The paddle has a great balance of weight and feel.
- It offers great value for the price.
- The only con of the TMPR Oculus XT is that it may be too light for some players.
We spent countless hours testing and the TMPR Oculus XT is the best pickleball paddle overall due to its excellent construction, great performance, and comfortable grip circumference.
It has a wide body that provides good power and control, while the long handle gives you plenty of reach.
The textured surface provides good spin and bite, and the paddle is well balanced. It’s also one of the lighter paddles on our list, making it easy to swing all day long. This pickleball paddle is priced at $128.99.
Summary: TMPR Oculus XT
- The TMPR Oculus XT is a great pickleball paddle for those who are looking for a powerful and accurate shot.
- The paddle has a large sweet spot and a light weight, making it easier to control.
- The paddle also has a comfortable cushioned grip and is well balanced.
- However, the paddle is a bit expensive and may not be the best choice for beginners.
Best Pickleball Paddles For Beginners
- Lightest paddle and easy to play with
- Large sweet spot
- Comes with protective cover
- Some users found the paddle to be too lightweight
If you’re just starting out in the world of pickleball, you’ll want to find a paddle that is comfortable and easy to use. The ONIX Graphite Z-Series paddle is a great choice for beginners.
This paddle is made of graphite, which makes it lightweight and easy to maneuver. The paddle also has a large sweet spot, making it easier to hit the ball.
This graphite pickleball paddle also comes with a protective cover, making it easy to transport and store. This pickleball paddle is retailed at $138.99.
Summary: ONIX Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- It is a perfect pickleball paddle for beginners who want a paddle that offers great control and power.
- This graphite paddle has a nice large sweet spot, making it a great choice for players who want to improve their game.
- The paddle is also very lightweight, making it easy to maneuver on the court.
Best Pickleball Paddles For Advanced Players
- Excellent control and power
- Great feel
- Great sweet spots
- Very lightweight
If you’re looking for the best paddle for advanced players, then look no further than the Rally Tyro II Pro.
It has a graphite face that provides excellent power and control. The paddle also has an EVA foam core that gives it a great feel.
The Rally Tyro II Pro also has great sweet spots and is very lightweight. It is priced at $159.99.
Summary: Rally Tyro 2 Pro
- This paddle has oversized sweet spots that makes it easier to hit the ball.
- It also has a good grip and is lightweight, making it easy to control.
Best Pickleball Paddles For Control
- Excellent control
- Large sweet spots
- Textured surface area for improved accuracy
- Some players may find the paddle to be too heavy
In terms of control, the Selkirk Amped S2 clearly wins!
This paddle has a wide body that provides large sweet spots, and its slightly textured surface helps you keep your shots on target.
The Amped S22 also has an impressive weight-to-strength ratio, meaning it’s durable enough to withstand heavy play without sacrificing control.
It is retailed at $149.99. Personally my favorite paddle 🙂
Summary: Selkirk Amped S2
- The Selkirk Amped S22 is a great all-around pickleball paddle. It’s perfect for beginners, advanced players, and even those who compete.
- The paddle is made of graphite, making it lightweight yet durable.
- The Amped S22 has an enormous sweet spot and provides excellent power and control.
- The only downside to this paddle is that it’s a bit pricey. But, it’s definitely worth the investment if you’re serious about pickleball.
Best Pickleball Paddles For Power
- Large sweet spots
- Thick polymer core
- Textured surface
- Not suitable for beginners
And in terms of power, the ProKennex Speed II clearly wins!
It has large sweet spots and a thick core, which makes it great for generating power.
The paddle also has a textured hitting surface, which helps to increase spin and control.
The Prokennex Speed II is a great option for advanced players who are looking for a powerful paddle. It costs $169.95.
Summary: Prokennex Speed II
- It is made of graphite, which makes it very light and fast.
- It has large sweet spots and is great for power players.
- The only downside is that it is a little expensive.
Best Pickleball Paddle For Competition
- Great combination of control and power
- Large sweet spots
- Heavier than some other top pickleball paddles on the market
Hear me out, competitive pickleball players! The JOOLA Ben Johns Hyperion CFS is the best paddle for you!
It has a great combination of power and control, making it perfect for aggressive players.
The paddle also has large sweet spots, making it easier to hit the ball consistently.
The only downside to this paddle is that it is a little heavier than some of the other pickleball paddles on the market.
The price tag of this paddle is $219.95.
Summary: JOOLA Ben Johns Hyperion CFS
- The JOOLA Ben Johns Hyperion CFS is a great paddle for advanced players. It has a textured graphite paddle face that provides excellent spin and control.
- The paddle has a great weight and balance, making it easy to maneuver.
- The JOOLA Ben Johns Hyperion CFS is a great choice for players who want excellent control and power.
What to Look For in Pickleball Paddles
Here’s what to look for:
- Grip Size
- Paddle Weight
Let’s jump into the first point!
When choosing a pickleball paddle, one of the most important factors to consider is the material it is made out of. This is because the material can affect many aspects of the paddle, such as the weight, durability, and even the feel of the paddle.
There are many different types of materials that pickleball paddles can be made out of, but some of the most popular materials are wood, composite, and aluminum.
Wood Pickleball Paddles
Wooden pickleball paddles are some of the most popular types of paddles, because they are usually very lightweight and have a great feel to them. However, wooden paddles can sometimes be less durable than other types of paddles, so they might not last as long.
Composite Pickleball Paddles
A composite paddle is made out of a mixture of different materials, such as carbon fiber face and Kevlar. These types of paddles are usually very strong and durable, but they can also be quite expensive.
Aluminum Pickleball Paddles
Aluminum pickleball paddles are usually very lightweight and durable, but they might not have the best feel to them. Aluminum paddles are often less expensive than other types of paddles, so they might be a good option for beginner players.
Grip size is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a pickleball paddle.
A grip that is too small will cause your hand to cramp up during play and a grip that is too large will make it difficult to control the paddle.
The best way to find the perfect grip size for your hand is to try out several different paddles and see which one feels the most comfortable.
If you are purchasing a paddle online, make sure to check the dimensions of the grip before making your purchase.
When it comes to pickleball paddles, weight is everything. A paddle that’s too heavy can be difficult to control, while a paddle that’s too light can lack power. That’s why it’s so important to find a paddle that’s just right for you.
The best way to find the perfect weight for you is to try out a few different paddles. Pick up a few different paddles and see how they feel in your hand. Pay attention to how easy or difficult it is to swing the paddle and how much power you feel you have.
Once you’ve found a few paddles that feel good, it’s time to start narrowing down your choices. One of the best ways to do this is to look at the weight of the paddle.
Paddles typically range in weight from around six ounces to ten ounces, with seven or eight ounces being the most common.
If you’re a beginner, you might want to start with a lighter paddle so that it’s easier to control. If you’re more advanced, you might want a heavier paddle so that you can generate more power.
No matter what your level of experience, it’s important to find a paddle that’s comfortable for you to hold and that feels good when you swing it.So don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect one.
So, that’s it now with this nice post!
Let us know in the comments below, which pickleball paddle you bought to improve your paddle plays!
See ya in the next post!